Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Quintessential Billions....

So, today. Yeah, today......it was kind of a long one. So far. There's still plenty of today left to be today. So that could change. But thus far, it has been a long day. Most of that longness happened for the hour and 15 minutes I was sorting and tabulating fly corpses under a microscope, and some more of it came during a genetics class on DNA replication in eukaryotes. Those two combined just made me draggy for pretty much everthing else.
I say pretty much because there was a bright side to today. Today was Hawaiian Luau night at the Commons. Laugh if you must, but really, it's the only really GOOD meal they serve all year. They even have real meat and fresh fruit, imagine that! So I gorged myself on pork, pineapple, tasty rolls, and kiwi, as did a large proportion of the rest of the student body. I try not to complain too much about the food here, but for what we pay for it, since they prove that they can do some things well, why don't they make it a little more worth our while? Isn't the Reformed perspective to do ALL things to the glory of God, even meatballs or cornbread? I dunno, maybe that's just too much to ask.... Anyway, here's to Carrie Foods *glug*
So I just found out that I have family reading my blog now! Here's a shout out to my sisters, Deborah and Sara: all I have to say is "Wanna hear a funny joke? Knock knock....HEY!" I'll let you two fill in the rest of that, everyone else might deem it stupid, or inappropriate. But we know the truth... :)
I referenced this on Friday night, I believe, and I just got the link, which I STRONGLY encourage everyone to listen to, regardless of whether or not you have any affection for, or know anything about, or even care to think about, Dordt College. It was written by the choir director here and performed by all of the men of the choirs. So do yourselves a favor and listen in:
http://homepages.dordt.edu/~benk/OMF.mp3
That's all I've got tonight, except for a whole lot of Human Anatomy homework. If you have any tidbits of knowledge regarding the lymphatic system, toss 'em my way, I'm always ready for learning, and a good laugh. And a mug of hot chocolate. And a pickup game of football. And a nap. Maybe even all three in close succession!
Current desktop image: a blown up picture of P. F. Chang's Great Wall of Chocolate (winks to those who know what I'm talking about!)
Biggest desire at this moment: to own The Chronicles of Life and Death by Good Charlotte. I'm feeling punkish...

4 comments:

tubapotamus said...

He he he, I can just pitcure you gorging yourself at the Luau. And the Mink Farm song! Oh, I truely regret having to leave D-O-R-D-T. sigh, Fun songs, one good meal a year, no mountains, and weather colder than I have felt in my life. Here's to roast pig, and the M.R.S. degree!

Anonymous said...

it's me. I Luuvv that song. And I Luuuuvvv the Great Wall of Chocolate. let's eat one this summer. Each. loves, your bobble woggins

tubapotamus said...

By the way, Mr Monroe is putting the recordings he did of our senoir ensamble on to a CD for us. He has three songs done and will have the rest of the concert done soon hopfully.

honeyhair said...

OOOOOO, for serious???? That's wonderful! I'm already excited! 'Cause the truth is, we were reeeaaaalllly good....