Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Back to IA

Hello everyone, I'm back. I'm sure all of you missed my witticisms tremendously, so I'll try to get back on track with all that.
First things first. Happy World Water Day! All of my holidays I get from Google, in case you're wondering. So if it sounds made up, they made it up first. Ahhh, water. I do love water. I love drinking it, I like swimming in it, especially if it's heated to over 100 degrees, and it's great for washing myself as well. Plus, without water, you couldn't make tasty things like hot chocolate or ramen. So join me in celebrating World Water Day with a tall glass o' the wet stuff, and also be mindful of conserving it. You know, European showers, not leaving it running when you brush your teeth, if it's yellow - let it mellow; if it's brown - flush it down, xeriscaping your frontyard. All that good stuff. I do love being a Christian Environmentalist. ;)
AND NOW..... I don't really have much else. I've decided I'm getting annoyed with hearing everyone get all excited about the third StarWars coming out. I seriously couldn't care less. As much as I LOVED the older trilogy, I have found nothing to excite me yet about the first two, and the third looks kind of like a doober. Yes, I am going to see it, because I admit I am curious. But if it sucks, I'm going to mock cynically all of the people who dressed up for it and/or waited hours in line to get in. I mean, c'mon. When there's exciting movies like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The War of the Worlds and the 6th Harry Potter book, who needs Hayden Christiansen and his mechanical hand? Or Natalie Portman and her inability to show emotion? Or, yes, even Yoda, who looks much younger when he's 900 than he does at this point? Seriously folks, I don't get it. Give me a good reason to be excited, and maybe I'll change my mind.
I kind of miss Arizona again already, I admit. It's nice to be able to go outside in a short sleeved t-shirt and shorts and be comfortable, and to be able to count on sunshine, and to see interesting cacti and trees outside my window instead of dead grass and corn stubble. Hee hee, corn stubble is a funny combination of words.
Current desktop image: a bunch of little unicycles
Biggest desire at this moment: a cool $500. And a snow cone.

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

Can we watch Charlie or Harry together on opening night? July 1 or July 16, take your pick.

Also...weeee! Guess if my parents are in Iowa right now. Oh they are. At this point I'm thinking that whatever homework I had to do could have been postponed and going to a funeral would have been a legitimate excuse to skip work. *sigh* I wish I had gone. I could be hanging out right now.

*sob*

Keep it together, Stephenie.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Dressing up to go see movies is fun! I mean...not that I've ever done it...(hides face in shame).