Wednesday, March 23, 2005

narcissism at its finest

Know what's refreshing? When you decide you actually like being at college in Corn Town, Iowa, although you could have just as easily gone to school in CRC Mecca, Michigan, or Chicago, Illinois, or even stayed at home where it never gets below 20 degrees. Ever. Yes, that's right, today was a good day. I even smiled a few times at random people to show my pleasure with life as it is. Blah, I wrote in second person the first half of this paragraph. I hate second person.
I added three (count 'em - THREE) movies to my library today: Hot Shots!, Hot Shots! Part Deux, and Mystery Men. They are all insanely stupid and ridiculously brilliant. And they were all $5.50 at Walmart. That chain seriously has to be doing illegal stuff, or at best immoral stuff, to sell things at the prices they do. But yes, I do still partake, largely because to partake anywhere else would mean driving an hour to find somewhere else that also likely sells products that exploit 3rd world sweatshop workers. So, obviously, the logical alternative is to be blind to the whole issue and consume as normal.
Sarah and I went shopping today because our foodstuffs were low (note my use of the word foodstuffs). We bought a whole bunch of stuff, and I think our refrigerator has more food in it than it ever has before. "Food", I suppose, is a relative term, because I don't consider Cherry Coke to be food, for real for real. Nor is celery nutritionally food, really, because it takes more calories to burn it than there are in the celery itself. Why I think any of you would be interested in my shopping experience is beyond me, although it did just occur to me that this is a pretty boring post.

"War. It's fantastic." - Col. Arbinger in Hot Shots! Part Deux <---- does not in the least reflect my political and moral views on the issue, I just think it's hilarious. If I have any pacifistic friends, you can all breathe easy.
Booo, I rate this post as a 2.75 on a scale of 10. Sorry if you feel slighted.
Current Desktop Image: Celery. No joke. I think I like it....
Biggest desire at this moment: to lay in one of those huge bean bag chair/beds in Robby's living room and listen to Ben Folds sing about how much life can suck, as well as how great it can get. While sipping on a java chip frappuchino.

4 comments:

honeyhair said...

and a mighty fine job you did of it too, Joe. Props.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, good post IMO. Blogs don't have to be crazy funny every day of the week, we are all human, you are just keeping it real. ;) We are glad you are in Iowa too. w00t! More movies are always good, that means more popcorn and hanging out.
Foodstuffs are necessary evils, but they are also yummy. Hope you enjoy your foodstuffs. For some reason I had a craving for celery the other day, I blame the tub of peanut butter I was observing. Oh yeah, if you ever need a cup of joe I've now got an espresso maker also (the random things people give me). Lol, the new Ben Folds is definitely good for lounging to. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Cherry Coke is definately a foodstuffs. Cherries, hello? They're definately nutritious. Triscuits - now THERE'S something that shouldn't be considered foodstuff. Anything with soybean oil cannot be good for anyone.

HEY EVERYONE!!!! I TOUCHED JOSH GROBAN!!!!!!

~Sleggie

Anonymous said...

Good touch? BAD TOUCH!!!! Hmmm.