Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ho, Ho, The Breakers Roared!

Today is International Women's Day, if that matters to anyone. I'm not sure it does to me, just because I don't know why to celebrate women, separate from men. Is there an International Men's Day? I realize some feminist cynics would reply that every other day of the year is men's day, but I'm not one of those types...
So, on Women's Day, do they pass out drinks laced with estrogen and have parades featuring big balloons of bras? And floats full of past Miss Americas, or lesbians? I dunno, I can't really figure it out. Or is it just a make-a-woman-breakfast-in-bed type of thing, sort of a Mother's Day for all women. Regardless, happy Women's Day, everyone. I like being one, and all, but I guess these sorts of holidays make me think that someone high up in the world bureaucracy has far too much time on his/her hands.
I leave for Spring Break on Thursday, I'm an excited one. Even though break is going to be mostly a lot of work. But oh well, I'm still looking forward to sunshine, cacti, and Chipotle. And a little P.F. Changs, even. And of course Eegees. Shoot, this is going to be expensive...
And John - if I disallow anonymous people to post, that cuts out about half of people who respond, including my sisters and roommate. So if people are going to be rude, of course I don't appreciate it, but I'm not going to punish everyone else for it. I appreciate your sensitivity, but this is a democracy. :)
Current Desktop Image: Usher looking pensive in a padded white room
Biggest desire at this moment: for it to be Thursday.........NOW!

9 comments:

honeyhair said...

Oh, I forgot, whoever can id the poem that the title for today came from is my best friend for an hour, whenever they choose that hour to be.

honeyhair said...

and if you have to google it, I might think twice about accepting your answer...

tubapotamus said...

AARRGGHH! Im so mad at myself. I knew the answer, knew it as sure as I knew Cold Turkey. But I didnt believe myself, so I looked it up. Now Im ashamed that I didnt believe my powers, and now I fear they may have left me, forever. (Probably not). So, Yay for women, yay for P.F. Changs, and yay for _____ _________ __________

Stephenie said...

Blast, your poetry knowledge trumps mine. I'll just have to find something more obscure that you'll have to guess at.

Which reminds me, I haven't studied or read any poetry in a long time (aside from my own). Can we have a poetry reading? *snicker*

Anonymous said...

Happy women's day ladies. Interesting choice of a title and good poem. (Yes, Google is my friend, even though you make a good friend too.) I hope you have a great break and get lots done and have lots of phun and sun and get to spend some time with the sibs. Cya later sometime I guess.

Anonymous said...

BETHANY! Through a random twist of events I found this. And it was good. And I love you! Woot!

Love, Anna D!

Anonymous said...

The Wreck of the Hesperus, baby. suite. bff's. Although I'm 100% shure that I spelled Hesperus wrong, even if I meant to spell shure with an h. I'm Sara Jayne. No anonymous for me.

Anonymous said...

Hello, does anybody know something about hoodia liquid...? I've heard It's not effective at all...but I'm not sure.
I would be thankful for any information. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I get much in your theme really. thank your very much i will come every day! wedding jackets Christian Louboutin Shoes Bridesmaid Dresses