Sunday, April 10, 2005

High King of Heaven my treasure Thou art

*happy sigh* We went back to Carmel Reformed Church for the first time since Spring Break, and it was happy to be back. It was obvious that we hadn't been there for a while because people gave us a bit of an "oh, didn't think you were planning on coming back to us!" sort of look, but it was still good. And we talked to Pastor Mark about your unicycle, Steph. He's excited for you, and jealous of your progress. I still want to see pictures of you on the thing - I need something to show De Smith.
We started out the morning with a bit of a thunderstorm, nothing absolutely fantastic, but better than your average drizzle. I think I want thunder at my wedding. Is that a weird thing to say? If that means accompanying rain, then so be it, I like rain too. Superstition be hanged! I think thunder and lightning are two of the coolest things (?) - no, PHENOMENA - that God created. I'm glad I spend my summer months in Arizona, where the thunderstorm was invented. There is nothing like a good monsoon, with lightning slicing down all over the place and thunder roaring and rain pouring down in buckets and flooded streets and people getting stuck in washes - and then 10 minutes later it's sunny and the cicadas are buzzing again. I tell ya, I love my state. Only 4 more weeks, then I get to work my lovely little heinie (no idea how to spell it) off for most of 4 months. Word.
Current desktop image: Chichen Itza, where I really want to go someday. Maybe after Europe in '07, eh Stephenie? First person to tell me what and where Chichen Itza is gets a million dollars in cash.
Biggest desire at this moment: galoshes. Always wanted 'em, never needed 'em. Until now.

4 comments:

tubapotamus said...

Well I thought everyone knew that is was an ancient Myan city in the Yucatan. Or maybe, it is a funny name for mexican pizza....

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a pair of wellies at least once in there life. (Or so say the crazy boys I talk to across the pond.) Cept that one in Iraq, although he did mention rain a while back. Yeah, lucky tubapotamus, a million dollars would be useful, ah well, better you than some strange person off the street. :P ;)

Stephenie said...

*sigh of bereavement* I want to be in Iowa. And Arizona. Simultaneously.

Hope to see you soon. When, exactly, I'm uncertain, but maybe I can bring my unicycle to Carmel and Pastor Mark and I can start a unicycle gang.

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. lace cap sleeve wedding dress Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Shoes Bridal Wedding Dresses