Tuesday, April 19, 2005

First step.....

Hi, my name is Bethany Haak, I'm 20 1/2 years old, and I rescue worms. Yes, I do. When it rains, and there are worms on the sidewalk, I pick them up and put them out of harm's way so they don't get stepped on. I don't know if that makes me a radical animal lover or just a little eccentric, but I was realizing that is a little weird. I made friends with two of them last night as I dropped them into safer places. I didn't name them, but I did talk to them a little - they were the night crawler variety that stretch out to like a foot long. Kinda cool.
Hmmm, I just told you all my worm weakness. I feel free-er, I think. Or maybe like a total nerd. But I had to get this off my chest. Doesn't mean I'll stop, but I wanted to share the love and spread the word.
Current desktop image: a mouse with it's head caught in an inkjet printer - alive but looking somewhat distressed - courtesy of Sara Arthur. I can hear her laughing from here...
Biggest desire at this moment: To have all of my friends in a room so I could give everyone a big hug. Awwwww.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that with snails when it rains. :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, ya know, I've often wondered at the small number of worms I see on the sidewalks after it rains, now I know why. :) Keep up the good work, they really are appreciative.

Anonymous said...

You have some sth~~ wedding jackets Christian Louboutin Shoes Bridesmaid Dresses