Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ever Verdant

I seem to have found my comfort zone, and it is with the three worst players in my Badminton HPER. I seem to have gotten worse between Friday and today. Seriously, I kept forgetting in the middle of a volley that I was playing Badminton, so my opponent would thwack the birdie at me and I'd simply watch it sail by....then come back to reality and smack myself for letting that happen. I don't know, it's kind of strange. Like Badminton transports me to some other reality in which I only have to will the birdie over the net, not needing my hands at all. But my alternate reality does not work with my actual reality, in which not only do I need to use my hands and racket, but I need to duck to avoid getting hit in the face occasionally. I think if I could overcome my tendency to become ADD, I'd seriously kick butt in that class. And also maybe if my vertical was higher than 2.5 inches. Maybe.
After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I finally managed to get registered for classes. I won't bore you with the list. I'll put that on my Xanga if you're reeeeeaaallly interested. But I won't assume you are, and bore you, and incur your wrath in comments.
Yeah, that's pretty much all I've got for now. My throat feels really weird, like thick and dry and fluffy. With blue polka dots.
Current desktop image: Some waterfall somewhere in Costa Rica. Costa Rica is another place I dream of visiting someday. And yes, John did win the million dollars from the last post. Huzzah for John.
Biggest desire at this moment: To not have a throat that felt weird. And to be pre-studied up for my Political Studies test. Not that I typically study for them anyways....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, Bethie, I think your ADD comes from living with me...now, where did I put my pencil sharpener?...I really need to type my Elgersma paper....I wanna brownie....Fig Newton's a funny word...yummmmmmmmm

~Sarah Alice

Anonymous said...

I tend to blame Dordt for ADD, or maybe its the whole Reformed tradition? I dunno, whatever it is it seems like all the profs are crazy and football is the new anti-Christ. And I'm hungry, yogurt doesn't sound too bad right now, but neither does the dinner that turned out differently than expected that I made the other day. (Its edible so that's no excuse not to come over for food) :P Anywho, hope you don't lose an eye playing badminton, although you'd make a sexy pirate. AAARRRRR!!!