Monday, April 04, 2005

*FUME*

Holy what the crap....
Maybe I just need to move on, but I've been hearing and reading stupid comments from all sorts of people who call themselves Christian and who maintain that Pope John Paul II is now burning in Hell. FIRST, to take Hell so lightly as to simply throw anyone and everyone who doesn't conform to a person's worldview is foolish and a trite response to the wrath of God and the power of Satan. Yes, there will be many in Hell who never expected to be there because they failed to acknowledge and accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ. But how on earth does that land the Pope there?
This man was an amazing Christian leader for the last twenty years. His humanitarian stance and action was remarkable, as was his concerted effort to bring about reforms in the Catholic church to bring it more in lines with Scriptural truth. This man was instrumental in bringing Christianity back to life for millions of young people all over the world. He is a saint in the true sense of the word, and, I am all but completely certain, worshipping before the throne of the Lamb as I sit here and vent. To damn the Pope would be the equivalent, in the United States, of condemning Rev. Billy Graham. It's completely ridiculous! If anyone disagrees with me, I'd LOVE to hear a legitimate response. I do believe my anger is a righteous anger, because it is this kind of willful ignorance that divides the Church and makes it so remarkably ineffective in so many places today, like Europe and North America. If you don't care, that's your prerrogative, but I do think it's a really big deal.
Ok, I'm done venting, although I don't feel any better yet. Maybe studying the digestive system will cool me down...
Current Desktop Image: guess who! Yeah, it is him. I feel justified in celebrating his life and subsequent passing on to worship his Lord for the rest of eternity
Biggest desire at this moment: to shake someone, or throw something, really hard. No one in particular, and I promise I won't hurt Sarah...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're justified in your anger, Bethie.

But just incase, I'm going downstairs to study....

~Sleggie

Stephenie said...

Thank. You.
I've been experiencing the same frustrations, though haven't been able to express them as eloquently.

Anonymous said...

Yet perhaps... before the beginning of time, he was predestined to burn...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
honeyhair said...

Dude, that's pretty sick. If you aren't man, or woman, enough to sign your name to comments like that, I really would appreciate it if you didn't comment.

tubapotamus said...

Well Bethany, I read over everything, and I decided that this elephant of a topic just sat on too many peoples toes.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sleggie, you are most definitely justified. God does predestine us (I believe anyways) but he also knows before we are even born that which we are going to do in our lives (which doesn't make a whit of difference to his judgement) but I don't believe a JUST and LOVING God would ever commit a man like the late pope to hell. God does make decisions we don't understand, but I don't think the people who consign all of one religion to hell really have any concept of God and his mercy. Preach on sister, I enjoy hearing your views immensely.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, did you miss the AND in there? I won't give you the whole spiel, but there was a reason I had it between just and loving. He's not just one or the other, he's both.