Monday, April 25, 2005

Call me Mr. Blue

current mood: saddened and frustrated
1. Steph can't make it down this weekend.
2. Dordt's going to charge me for my overload classes. Not a new concept, but one that I don't really understand. Apparently it's cool to penalize those who try to get the most out of education and reward people who don't push themselves too hard. Apparently the administration has taken a personal and vested interest in the condition of my social life, or something...
3. It's cold this week. It was beautifulwarm this past week, even with the rain. How am I supposed to lose weight when it's cold?
4. I'm missing part/all of the meeting called by students in protest to the football team, among other things, because I have work tomorrow night.
5. I'm feeling weary but not tired, phlegmy but not ill, full but not satisfied. Not sure what that really means, but I needed a #5
6. I ran out of complaints.
Now for some positives, because otherwise I sound like a total whiner and people will stop listening to me.
1. I am alive, in good health, white and middle class, and a citizen of the United States
2. Here on blogspot people don't complain about the length of my entries.
3. I get to live in an apartment next year and make my own food
4. I can actually afford to go to a private Christian school, with all my complaining, even with the changes in charge
5. I should get a solid A in genetics, when I was expecting to be fortunate to pull out a B in the class
6. God loves me and provides for me even when I am in a bad, complainy, rampagey type mood. Thank Him for that! 'Cause otherwise I'm screwed no matter what happens.
Hmmm, that's about all I've got. My roommate is making weird noises in her sleep. Creepy.
Current desktop image: Christopher Walken dancing to "Weapon of Choice"
Biggest desire at this moment: a school administration that could prove to me it was looking out for my best interests and the will of God, not their own monetary benefit and enrollment status.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Stephenie said...

Sounds like an adventure; I wish I could be there.
Play some rain croquet, or better yet, Brockian Ultra Cricket: "a curious game which involves suddenly hitting people for no readily apparent reason and then running away." (Courtesy of Hitchhiker's Guide)