Friday, January 14, 2005

That's all I'm thinking of, Baby, peace and love

So I was talking with my friend this evening and we decided that humanitarianism is a dying art. People simply don't care about 125,000 people dying in Southeast Asia, or the fact that little kids in the U.S. are growing up without cable TV. Steph and I are the last people who really feel and empathize, recognizing and embracing the "bond of common humanity." If you think this an extreme statement, prove me wrong! Go out of your way to help another human improve his or her quality of living for an extended period of time!
To render completely contradictory my previous paragraph, I learned today that I have a tendency to be extremely prejudicial toward minorities, the overweight, and those who don't do their hair, in a test I took in my Multiculturalism in Education course. All of the people around me had nice fluffy positive grades. Flaming liars.... It struck me as minorly funny because the majority of my friends fall into one of those categories - admit it, guys - so I don't think the test actually proved anything. But it made me feel terrible about myself for the better part of the day, so its purpose was served.
What, exactly, is in a chicken fried steak? I had one today and I really couldn't tell. Scary....... Although it was a Dordt chicken fried steak, so they're kind of the illegitemate cousins of real chicken fried steak anyways. But weird regardless.
So, you know Ugg boots? When did it become extremely fashionable to wear the suede versions of oven mitts for your feet, the more gaudily decorated the better!?! That's all I got. For you, Steph.
It's gotten to the point here where it's cold enough that every time you walk outside your nose hairs freeze and you cough incessantly. And then the wind blows you sliding across icy parking lots and you're late to all your classes because you got blown off course. And profs don't usually let you miss class because it's colder than it should ever be allowed to be. Oh well. I did choose to go to school in Iowa.
Anyone want to start a hot chocolate fan club with me? I'm just discovering the wonders that are inherant in this beverage of the gods, this sweet nectar of life, this liquid sunshine and vitality. Please, fellow children of the earth, join me in my adulation.

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

I only like hazelnut hot chocolate, can we have that?

honeyhair said...

word