Sunday, January 23, 2005

Desire

Today was a good day. I got pretty much all of my homework done yesterday, so I could mostly relax and do what I wanted. That included church twice, with an invite to the home of these people I love for Sunday dinner, doing a little bit of genetics and anatomy homework, then lazing around the room and talking to my family for the remainder of my time. Good times, and good preparation for the start of another crazy week.
I had the tastiest vegetable beef stew today at the Kaemingks (the family I love). It was so tasty I even ate the peas out of goodwill toward all men. It could have been the company, too. They have the greatest, funniest kids ever, who are always ready to play games or watch a movie with us when we come over, and there are always treats to bring back to the dorm at the end of it all. It's sort of like going to your grandparents' house, but less old people smell and more screaming.
I was reminded yesterday of the exciting fact that I'm going to see an off-Broadway production of Les Miserables on Wednesday. I knew I'd paid for the tickets ($50, all told), I just hadn't the slightest idea when it would be. So I'm going down to Sioux City to see a Broadway production, one of the most famous ever! Steph, I'll let you know if I tingle the whole time like you did with Wicked. But I seriously am cooled out about it. I'll probably start playing the soundtrack through over and over to get the musical down, so I can sing along and annoy my fellow theater afficionados (spelling? I don't really care). Yay! I'm getting myself more excited than I actually was just thinking about it! My only worry is that I really don't know theater etiquette, especially for Broadway-quality productions. Am I allowed to wear jeans? Is picking my nose frowned upon? What if I have to sneeze really loud during a soliloquy? Do they even have soliloquies? How do you spell soliloquy? K, I think I killed that...........
I just got too lazy to try to finish out any more thoughts I might have for tonight. If you're lucky, maybe I'll remember them and include them for tomorrow, or whenever I post again. But probably that won't happen. Sucks for you!

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

More theatre ettiquette: Even if you are super excited about the play; kicking the seat in front of you isn't the best way to do it. Afterwards if you want to crowdsurf...well that's your prerogative.

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! cap sleeve wedding dress Louboutin Shoes Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Modest Wedding Dresses