Saturday, January 22, 2005

Maurices???

So, I was a silly this morning and woke up at 8:15 to get breakfast and do some shopping with a few friends. I wasn't really planning on buying much, because I want to establish some savings up here, but there were some super sales at Maurices, so I gave in and bought myself some girly clothes. But at Maurices! I think I'm the only one here who thinks it strange that they have this trendy, cutesy clothes store called Maurices. For a long time I couldn't buy stuff there because it made me giggle too much when I imagined explaining where I got my clothes. Oh well, perhaps I'm the weird one, but now I've jumped on the bandwagon. And since its the only semi-nice place to find clothes in town, everyone has exactly the same stuff, so I'll begin to blend in around here a little more, perhaps :) That has always been my dream, you know.
Mmmmm, I had a bacon and cheese omelet for breakfast at Casey's Bakery and Restaurant this morning. If you ever make it to Sioux Center, do yourself a favor and get breakfast at Casey's once. It's a fabulous experience, plus they have great cookies for chasers, too.
I'm sitting here humming U2 songs to myself, and realizing just how wonderful U2 really is. If you have never given them much of a chance, you are to be most pitied. The quality of musicianship, intelligent and applicable lyrics, and excellent showmanship rank them right up there with Simon and Garfunkel, in my opinion. Although, right now I'm sampling the music styles of the Black Eyed Peas as well, and reliving my childhood with the occasional N'SYNC and Backstreet Boys songs. Sigh, it makes me wish I could dance better. If anyone wants to teach me, I would be happy to learn how to shake it! Let me know........

No comments: