Saturday, January 29, 2005

Engaging culture

I had that retreat last night and this morning, as those of you who read faithfully (I'm sorry) might remember. It was a lot of fun. I had a chance to spend time with a lot of girls that otherwise I likely would not have spent time with, as well as time with girls I spend far too much time with (love you, Sarah...). But it brought up some interesting points about being a woman as God has created me to be, and I was encouraged because it wasn't one of those typical female-empowerment, make-the-men-pay sorts of things, which I was afraid it might be. In fact, we were encouraged to be more feminine, not in order to string the boys along, but because we were created differently, and the world sorely needs women who aren't trying to be men because that's what they think they need to get ahead. So I had a good time, and a good breakfast. MMmmmm, sometimes French toast is the yummies...... I also slept on a church pew at the church I attend on Sundays last night, which made me feel like a pencil, or Slim Jim, or something else long and thin that isn't very flexible. Feel free to shout out other suggestions.
In sadder news, the University of Arizona mens' basketball team lost today. To Washington State. WSU snapped a 38 game winning streak, which essentially means that they beat us for the first time in 18 YEARS. The longest losing streak between two teams in the Pac 10, I think my friend said. So yeah, we lost it. Bad bad bad news, boys. AND it was a home game, adding insult to injury. But, as another friend pointed out, sometimes teams can peak too quickly, so by the time it gets to March they've used up all their best stuff and they're out quickly. So maybe this is a good thing! Maybe..... I just keep reminding myself that last time we won the National Championship, we were 4th in the Pac 10 overall and a five seed. So maybe we should lose a few more for good luck :) For those of you who could care less about basketball, sports, and anything involving large groups of people painting their faces and yelling, I apologize sort of, but not really, because this is important!
I went to a concert tonight, and the last song the group sang was "Shut De Do', Keep Out de Devil". If anyone out there knows that song, you make it into the cool group with me and a select few others. Otherwise, you're out of luck, sorry, but not really. Losers
Current desktop picture: Eric Bana on the beach (BICEPS!!!!)
Biggest desire in the world at this moment: to hug a cactus - sahuaro preferably, but any would do

3 comments:

Stephenie said...

*gasp!*
I sang that song once in like eight grade! Granted, we were all terribly white...but can I be in your cool group now?

honeyhair said...

Steph, you were already in the cool group, but now you're an officer. *secret handshake*

Anonymous said...

Eric Bana looks like Pop-eye...

~ that chick you spend to much time with


P.S. Mmms....chocolatey ceiling...