Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cristos me ama

I went to a church in town today called Amistad Cristiana, an all-Spanish speaking church, to show support for an artsy friend of mine who went to celebrate the dedication of some banners she and her painting class made for the church, and also because I need a cross-cultural experience for my multicultural issues in education class. I had a good time, especially since I elected to forgoe the translating earpiece and just try my hand at understanding Spanish spoken by a native speaker at an exceptionally rapid pace. I did ok, I think. Surprisingly, a lot of my high school Spanish came back, being prompted by this immersion. So that was fun, even though we got there a little after 3 and the service wasn't over until going on 5:30. But I wasn't too wiggly, I don't think, and no one had to pinch me and tell me to be quiet, or anything.
I suppose I should remark on the Super Bowl. Not much to say, except that I did actually see a good part of it, which was new for me. Usually I'm at church, smugly thinking nasty thoughts about those who skipped to watch a silly football game. And thinking even nastier thoughts about the posers who watch the game just for the commercials. *GRRRRRR* You people are a disgrace to the name of sports. I was sorta rooting for the Eagles, but as the game came to an end, decided that I really didn't care because the NFL, while not quite as bad as the NBA, is still an overblown and commercialized ego festival, and so many people can cheer for teams without knowing a single thing about the wonderful game of football. Why pretend to like it if you don't? Makes no sense to me. At least you're honest.... That wasn't a terribly heartfelt rant, but it sort of got my feelings across.
Current desktop image: U2 on the tarmac at Heathrow (maybe?) Airport
Biggest desire at this moment: to someday have children as precious at Teddy Bruschi's

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta admit teh Burt Reynold commercial was pretty amazing...

"That bear can DANCE!"

~Jorge

Stephenie said...

I don't like football: I cheer for the team with prettier uniforms.

Anonymous said...

you R kewl lik a watrmelin

ur frend
-Alice

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch any of it... I was at church, being the smug one. I had no idea who was playing until that day, and I can't remember if I was told who won. so, that shows how much I know and care about NFL football, and TV in general.

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. off the shoulder wedding dresses?! cheap mobile phone. Mermaid Wedding Dresses