Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

1. I am back in the States. My trip was FAN-FRICKIN'-TASTIC. I really don't know how to put it down in a post, but it was beautiful, funny, hard work, and relaxing, while also being a huge eye-opener to suffering and poverty in the third world. I will never be the same, I can safely say that much. I'm planning on setting up a webpage with pictures and commentary so people can get an idea of what I did in Nicaragua for two weeks, so I'll put that on here when it's set up.
2. There is a huge pile of dishes on the counter. I think it's been there all break, which, I admit, is pretty gross.
3. Brielle and Matt are now married. This is really happy, but at the same time sad, because I think all three of us remaining roommates will admit that Brielle was the social hub of our room. And the resident art major, so Katy will have to step up her work to redecorate our room. Maybe I can take some crayons to the walls as a way of helping.
4. It's lightly snowing here, and much colder than either Arizona or Nicaragua was even close to being while I was down south-er.
5. Classes start on Tuesday. I think I'm actually ready. I will be officially ready once I get all of my truly foul-smelling laundry done, and tackle the dishes. And register, because everyone knows that if you don't register, you will officially die at the hands of Ken Boersma.
6. I'm going to work at becoming a Metallica fan because Tom Dykstra told me to. I do what Tom says.
7. I miss my sisters. And parents.
Question: what's the big deal about New Year's Day? Every party I've been to I feel like a doofus yelling "Happy New Year" and throwing stuff in the air. Resolutions are something, but what's the big deal about making them on January 1? I dunno, the best feature I can pick out about New Year's Day is the Rose Bowl. Which is a great feature, but it doesn't have much to do with the holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BETHIE!!!!!!!! YOU'RE HOME!!!!!!!! I'm gonna call right now.

Shoot. You discovered my secret. I was planning on cleaning them before you and Katy came tomorrow. :S

I'm glad your trip went swimmingly. I was praying that it would.

Your Friend,
Sleggie

tubapotamus said...

The Rose bowl called and said that it wasnt on the first this year. PS Im glad youre back safe and soud, and not full of parasites.

Tom said...

Yeah dude! Metallica!