Saturday, December 24, 2005

Flash! Ooooohhh, he saved every one of us!

Heyo! Christmas break post! My sister and I decided that the proportionality of how lame a person goes up at the same rate as the frequency of his/her posts on his/her blog while on a break/vacation. Since that made no sense, maybe no one hates me yet! :) Either way, I am unlame, I guess.
I received my passport finally, although I had to beat up two mailmen and an old lady to get it. My picture is a thing of beauty, and I look forward to filling it with stamps from exotic locations like Managua, the Seychelles, and China Grove, TX. But now I don't have to worry about trouble in the airport, and there's this personal message from the US Secretary of State telling anyone who reads it that I am entitled to protection from any enemy while in a foreign country. It makes me want to find a US embassy and demand sanctuary.
Since I really don't know much about what's going to be happening on the trip, I won't post much about it at this point. I know that I leave Monday, there will be lots of rice and beans, and I may pick coffee. And I can't eat anything fresh because it might contain Malaria or Yellow Fever or Black Death or Jungle Boogie or something else hazardous. I'll fill you in when I get back!
Happy Christmas, everyone. I went on a rampage on my other blog, decrying the rape and pillaging of the Christmas celebration in the name of a materialist holiday, but I'll say no more of it here. I hope you enjoy the break, and friends, and sleep, and chance to remember that the birth of Christ happened in order that the death and resurrection of Christ might come about.
Ten thousand thank yous to Reid, who introduced me to the song detailed in the title. WHO SANG IT? If you know, make yourself heard! And in the meantime I won't be in the country. Everyone who will be at the wedding of the century, you have a good time. Everyone else, shame on us!
Kisses

5 comments:

Kathlyn D said...

it's probably true. i am incredibly lame. and i am going to the wedding of the century and i am super excited for you to do the jungle boogie.

Anonymous said...

rampage away you crazy kid. I look forward to many a sarcastic conversation about the meaning of inane things next semester. have a good holiday season!!!
Cheers, Jeff

Stephenie said...

Haha. "Jungle Boogie"

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethie, you crazy tan bitch. I miss you! Hope Nicaragua is/was a splendidly great time!

Luv,
Sarah

tubapotamus said...

Once I called Bethany a bitch, and I got slapped. Not true.