Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I wanna make love in this club

In the spirit of Lent, the season in which we find ourselves, I thought it appropriate to title my latest post in accordance with Usher's latest single. So hot right now...

I'm in the middle of skipping Bible study at the moment in order to send out emails of inquiry to different schools regarding teaching next school year. Locations about which I am inquiring? Timothy Christian School in Chicago, two Westminster Christian Academies - one in Kansas City and one in St. Louis, Calvin Christian in Escondido, CA (that one's for you, Dave!), and international schools in Cambodia, the Czech Republic, Guatemala, Hungary, Mauritius (which I cannot find on a map), Mexico City, Nicaragua, Tanzania, and Thailand. I don't really know what I want yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not in Tucson, so I guess I'm looking for somewhere else to wander. I'm kinda hoping that what I want is in Prague, because that would be THE coolest. But I'm excited and terrified regardless of what is going to happen.

Jeffy, Manhattan Christian was hiring too, and I thought that might be a little close to you, but I decided that I wasn't ready to be buried in small town Montana. Unless we decide to fall in love and get married, since we both want to be in love. I could be down with that, but let me know soon, before MC hires someone else! :)

Speaking of marriage, I helped one of my best friends get married a couple weekends ago, and decided that maybe weddings aren't as horrible as I've held them to be for the past 10 years of my life. Renee's was short, sweet, meaningful, and fun. Plus I looked positively fierce in my bridesmaid dress. Fierce = hot, in case you were confused. But anyway, Renee and Brandon were so low-maintenance throughout the weekend and created an environment at their wedding in which all of us there could really celebrate their love and enjoy each others' company. Plus, I hung out with her last night and she just seems so happy... So yay for love and marriage, when done right.

In other news, I still really don't care about the presidential elections coming up. Does this make me a bad American citizen and a little less of a responsible adult? Probably. Don't tell anyone important.

Oh, I've decided as well that if teaching really doesn't pan out, I want to open up a bakery/restaurant/coffee shop and call it @thebakery and serve people all of the food I've been learning to make deliciously. Seriously guys, I just made some beef stew this weekend that is so excellent I can hardly believe it, and I'm resisting the temptation to take a break and try making some blueberry muffins rather than continuing to apply for jobs. If any of y'all (Katy, Steph, whoever) are interested in joining this enterprise (not the Enterprise, Reid, though you are also welcome to join that I guess) I'll keep you posted on my post-college identity crisis.

Love and kisses, and in all seriousness be mindful of this Lenten season and what it signifies!

8 comments:

Kathlyn D said...

you just made me a little more motivated to continue my search for jobs.(ps. I also applied to westminister in kansas city :)

Justin said...

go for cambodia. i was there last month and loved it. beautiful people.

Reido Bandito said...

Not caring about the presidential election doesn't make you a bad American, just a normal one. Actually, even though I still find myself more politically interested than I've ever been, I am also just ready for all this to be over.

I'd be interested in a bakery job, mostly since I'll be needing a job. I know that I may be underqualified with a MA in Philosophy, but I'm a hard-worker. I swear.

Jen said...

After teaching somewhere awesome I think you should open up that bakery and I'll be the coffee person and make yummy drinks while you make yummy drinks. Oh and side note I saw on TV that Prague is one of the inexpensive places to visit compared to the typical European tourist spots, so yea go there

Andrea said...

So, teaching is suckering you in after all. It's not as bad as I say...really. I miss you, BHaak. I hope whenever you get a squeeze, you think of me. And I would totally eat at your bakery.

Stephenie said...

I miss you. And I think you should know which location I'm pulling for.

Anonymous said...

As awesome as it would be if you got a job in Escondido (especially since I'll be living there again soon), I shall only make it my secret wish that you go there. As a good friend, my declared wish is that you get the job in Prague. :)

Melanie said...

I have been bombarded with questions about you from the Director and Principal of Rehoboth. Everyone wants to know what your like... so I am guess you applied here too. How do you feel about New Mexyco?

My aunt lives in Mexico City, and I have been there a number of times, its pretty much awesome.