Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl

One of my students has me returning to my roots and really appreciating Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd again. She's an unusual girl, as her other fave bands include Insane Clown Posse and The Cottonmouth Kings. Whatev.

Applications continue for me. Yes Mel, I did apply for a job at Rehoboth, and it's funny that they would grill you on me, because we really don't know each other at all. Hmm. I had an interview with the school in Kansas City on Monday and it went REALLY well. That's got to be my number one right now. It's exciting and scary because if I were to take it, they're actually working on starting a high school, so I'd only have 9th graders, and the next year 9th and 10th graders, and so on. I'd basically be building their science department. Crazy! But awesome? We'll see what happens with all that.

My sister and her bf from MI were in town for Spring Break last week and we did all sorts of Tucson stuff. Things I learned:
- I just can't like baseball. Spring training games are pleasant, but not interesting at all.
- I also can't tan AT ALL. Reference above spring training game.
- My medical billing job really is as boring as I think it is. Taking a break from it was heaven.
- To someone who hasn't been here before, experiencing the Sonoran desert is as exotic to them as the Nicaraguan rainforest was to me. I forget how different it is down here. Sahuaros, diamondback rattlesnakes, and javelina are my peeps.
- I will never have a good NCAA tournament bracket. I pick all the wrong upsets.
- Some DJ produced "The Grey Album" - a mix of The White Album by the Beatles and The Black Album by Jay Z. It's actually really good.
- Spring Break is a lot more awesome when you're still in school.

Word to all you out there who are ready for a change.

3 comments:

r.c.f. said...

holla!

Stephenie said...

Hahahahaha! Chafa means ghetto (or bootleg). Like, por ejemplo, 'your not so snaggly teeths are chafisima, Bethie.' (JUST KIDDING)

Reido Bandito said...

Doin stuff in Tucson?
Sounds dumb to me.