Monday, June 11, 2007

Will you still need me, will you still feed me?

So, no job yet. I appreciate the input by all of you guys, especially how it all conflicts and makes things even more confusing for me. Awesome. It's a good thing I wasn't counting on all y'all to tell me what to do.

The one job I do have is killing me. I worked 28 out of the last 36 hours taking care of my old guy. I've slept about 6 hours in the last two days. Last night he was yelling at someone (demons? Muslims? Democrats?) in his sleep, and I got to listen to it for two hours because I have his baby monitor right next to my head. It's also a little rough because he is completely deaf, so I am unable to communicate to him that I already know how to do things, so he explains everything to me two or three times like I'm stupid. I got blamed for doing the laundry wrong, even though I wasn't even in the house when it happened. So I got a ten minute tutorial on clearing the lint guard in the dryer.

I shouldn't complain. It's a good job. But sometimes, when I'm sleep-deprived, it sucks.

On a more cultured note, I am looking for summer reading. Currently, I'm reading The Present Future, which details several issues which are causing the Christian Church culture to become increasingly detached and irrelevant. It's good, lots of food for thought. Any other things I should read? Otherwise, I may be stuck with getting all of my summer culture from Mythbusters, Iron Chef America, and Futurama.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Did you see the Mythbusters on drafting behind trucks? Tried it and it totally worked!

Reener said...

Bethanyyyyyy
I'm on a computer in the Juror's room right now. I can't stand being here anymore! How long did you have to wait when you were summoned?

Stephenie said...

DID YOU WATCH THE MYTHBUSTERS ON NINJAS?

tubapotamus said...

I've never heard you complain so much in your life. Those shows are all the culture I get, and thats not so bad, right? I have to go to Bookman's and pick out several kids science books for work sometime, wanna help?