Monday, August 07, 2006

Go hippie, go wit' it

Sarah Slegers is in town, which is delightful, although the thing we've done the most so far is take naps. Which is ok with me. Tonight, hopefully, Sarah is going to meet up with Reid and Everett to go see some independent film type movie, but unfortunately I have to work, thereby missing the sexy party that will surely ensue.
Another interesting story: after a week of unusually heavy and constant rain, my mom, sisters, and myself were startled to hear a very loud *CRACK* coming from our backyard. We could not place the noise at first, but then I noticed that our hot tub was coming up out of the ground. My dad says its water pressure from overloaded pipes and saturated earth, but my thoughts? Zombies. Everyone knows they live under hot tubs, and why wouldn't they come out when their homes are flooded in order to terrorize the not-yet-dead? So far, they've only victimized other people, leaving us alone because we were so good as to host them, apparently. I was going to show you a picture, but digital camera pictures and dialup do not mix.
Sarah and I were talking about how we're going to miss those of you who left/graduated after this past year. We expect multiple visits, because what else do you have to do, now that you're out of college?

1 comment:

David said...

Is there something we're supposed to be doing when we graduate from college? I guess it doesn't really matter all that much to me, seeing as how I'll be in school for the next 12 years or so anyway. :P

Ya know what your hot tub problem really is?? Your house was built over an Indian (excuse me, Native American) burial ground. I don't think any further explanation is needed.