Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's hard to argue when you're making perfect sense

Words to the wise:
* Don't drink spot cleaner on a dare, even if it advertises itself as "non-toxic". It will make you want to vomit on the guy who dared you. Yes, this is from personal experience.
* Don't try shoplifting from Rincon Market. You will be led away in handcuffs. Never fear, this is not from personal experience. I watched some lady learn this the hard way yesterday, after she jacked the last of our tamales.
* Always look busy or cruel on the bus, otherwise you will be hit on by drifters, preteens, and other women.
* Appreciate the music of Snow Patrol. It will make your life better.
* Read with the intent of educating yourself. It's helped me stay sharp this summer, and everyone loves a quick wit. Or maintains a bitter jealous hatred of quick wit.

Ok, that's enough of that. I went to go see the second Pirates of the Caribbean last week, which I did NOT like (yes, I said it), but I had to laugh because the number of pubescent girls, and guys, dressed like dirty pirate hookers was incredible. I wanted to run around screaming and slapping people, just to make them realize how stupid this all was.

In other news, pray for India. I have a friend on a missions trip there right now, and I pray that she's safe. But over 200 dead in those bombings is an atrocity. Pray for peace and justice.

8 comments:

Jihad Hernandez said...

you are certifiably insane.

Mike E said...

Good advise, Thanks Bethany! Also I agree we need to be praying for India and Lebanan also along with all of the other war areas that are not in the news.

Kunnari said...

i've met only one person who has liked that movie- Nathan Pasma...need I say more. India...what when where why...i'm going to bbc.

Anonymous said...

....and appreciating the police also makes you a more virtuous person........

Have you watched Superman?

Kathlyn D said...

i hated pirates. no dirty pirate hookers when i saw it though...

sarah alice-- are you in alaska or iowa or arizona?

Sarah Alice said...

Dear Bethany,

I have created a blog, and I need help with adding my picture to my profile and people as my links. How do you do these things? Thank you, and I can't wait to see you.

Love,
De de de de de dedddd...

Anonymous said...

I believe the line is, "It's hard to argue when you won't stop making sense"

Carolyn said...

i haven't seen pirates yet, but i gotta say that i really want to. i like movies like that...all intense and blockbuster-ish and dramatic and action-packed. like batman begins. i LOVED that movie. it was the kind that i never wanted to be over. i could have watched it for the rest of my life. and they had a late night showing of pirates here too and i almost went as a harcore pirate. there is a tasteful pirate dress code, so we can all stop assuming that being a hooker is the only option.