Thursday, July 06, 2006

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind...

Ah, the joys of Tucson bus-riding. After getting monsooned on during the walk to the bus stop, I froze in the AC, but at least it helped me dry off before getting to work.
For the half-hour ride, I was treated to a complete, obscenity-punctuated dissertation on the reason for gang warfare by a guy who was yelling about it to the guy next to him, loud enough for the entire bus to hear. He talked about how some guy had roughed up one of his fellow gang members, and how he was going to kill that guy, because you need to stick up for your brothers. My favorite line, however, was this, and I quote: "Those guys? F---, they ain't got shit! Now, me? I got shit." The whole ride I was really uncomfortable and kind of sick feeling, but that made me laugh out loud. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta...
Does anyone else hate the Fourth of July, just a little. Or more than a little? I do, except I admit I'm a sucker for sparklers...

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I enjoy fireworks and having a day off of work. And eating slow-simmering meat on a baby grill.

Anonymous said...

Me, I like those little black smoky snake things. And the fourth of july does make you feel a little dead inside. Especially if the Independance Day parade consists of mostly Eskimos.

Quackbert said...

It is on the Fourth that I realize why America is so much better than any other country in the world.

Kunnari said...

how's your belly?