Monday, December 12, 2005

Daytripper

Ok, here's my second story, sorry it took so long, Jeff et. al.
The snow's a lot meltier and the roads are much clearer since it warmed up, but last week they were pretty slick yet, and I've got to cross one to get to class. So I did my usual prance across traffic to get to Renaissance and Reformation and hit a slick spot.
WHAM!
I fell on my side with unbridled indignity, bruising my hip. Then some punk-ass sophomore who drives to class pulled up to the stop at the street and began to turn right onto the street, where I was still struggling to stand. He has the gall to honk repeatedly at me, then give me the finger. I muttered things about his questionable parentage under my breath, then grabbed a chunk of ice and chucked it at his red Grand Am, and I think I dented it, but I ran off like a naughty little kid, so I don't know what he did after that. What a lousy piece of crap. At least I got his piece of crap American-made car.
I hope this story was worth the wait, all. Now my question of the day:
Is it true?

8 comments:

nokomis said...

mmmmmmmmmm...no...


but i wish so badly that it was

Stephenie said...

I'd like to think that it's true. (Not really sure why...)

Hey, how come we don't hang out more?

Anonymous said...

I loved it... the word "meltier" really set the mood and then "questionable parentage" really made the whole story. on a scale of 1-10 of great stories i give it eleventy billion...

Kunnari said...

I believe you... well at least the part about him having a questionable upbringing because who's parents in their right mind would let their kid buy such a sucky punk ass car? Go Ford focus wagon- i love you.

Jihad Hernandez said...

It's not true. As much as I think you might like to be, you're not that unrestrained.

Anonymous said...

This is the most entertaining blog that I've ever read, EVER!!! I must say you are the funniest gal in the strangest way on the queerest days, and we love you anyways. Thanks for being a nut too, cause its lonely being crazy.

Kathlyn D said...

i am naive, so i will believe it is. i miss you, roomie.

Anonymous said...

Bethie, what's your AZ address?

I miss you.

~Sarah Alice