Sunday, November 13, 2005

Getting the s*** kicked out of me by love


A few nights ago there was a concert choir shindig down by the new firepit, and while parts of it were unusual, I very much enjoyed the little chat I got to have with Dr. K. We spoke of beer, grammar, coffee, and the Texas Two-step. It made my night, if not my week.
I did not pass on to the second round of NC/DC, a fact about which I harbor very little true regret, because it just took too much time and energy. I'm glad to have time again to do homework and take leisure without feeling guilty about letting down my school. Now all of the remaining contenders had better step it up and go the distance.
Tonight for coffee time I have made oatmeal brownies. I made them up as I was baking them, but I don't think they'll be as singularly odd as the "cookies"/papillion I made last time. THOSE were some weird stuff.
And now, my weekly quote from The OC:
"Do not EVER mess with Journey." - Ryan Atwood, the hottie with a short fuse and excellent music taste.

4 comments:

Stephenie said...

YES.

Anonymous said...

horray for time and energy!

J

Kathlyn D said...

hooray for bosting on your blog! strongest desire of the moment? watch love actually and eat muffins i was planning on baking tonight when i was feeling especially like i had the ability to take over the world. i love your writing. you should study english too...

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, wedding gowns christian louboutin fur boots. Lace Wedding Dresses