Thursday, June 16, 2005

I can't believe the news today

For starters, Joe, I'm sorry to hear you felt abandoned at Target. I worked last night, but on sales floor. I don't always do cashier. And I was, in fact, working in the little girls and infants section, so I doubt you would have been prowling around there enough to find me. Tonight I should be doing cashier, so if you would like to buy something else, you may certainly come through my lane.
For secondsies, I was just suddenly struck by a desire to do something really and ultimately important. It's far to easy for even budding-activist me to get caught up in the hedonistic, consumer-driven society of the United States that we all love and swear by and forget about suffering that is happening not only across the world, but in our own cities by way of abuse, poverty, injustice, and any number of other factors. Yep, fire away, I'm starting to sound much less Republican than many would have me sound. Oh well.
For thirdsies, I really like the Black Eyed Peas. Like, a lot a lot. Their new CD = just as good as their last one. I very much recommend it, and it was $10 at Target last week. That has probably changed since. AND, I really kind of want to buy the new Backstreet Boys CD. Laugh if you wish, but I was impressed with "Incomplete", so I'm curious as to how the rest of it is.
There's no such thing as fourthsies.
Current desktop image: Audrey Hepburn smoking something. I don't really like her very much. *burned at stake*
Biggest desire at this moment: to avoid being burned alive while tied to a stout wooden pole for disliking Audrey Hepburn

3 comments:

honeyhair said...

For the record, Joseph Faith gets the man of the week award for coming to see me at work last night with a card in response to my xanga.
And for those of you who were all antsy about me posting again, you're sure containing your excitement pretty well... :)

Stephenie said...

Haha, you're teh coolz. I'd visit you if I lived nearby...but I probably wouldn't bring a card. Joe is cooler than I apparently.

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking. Very true. winter wedding dresses Christian Louboutin Shoes Bridal Wedding Dresses