Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rattlesnakes and Jalapenos

I am home, for those of you who were wondering. I have been since Thursday, but the 56K is enough of a pain that I don't really feel like getting online too often. I promise not to leave entirely, though. So rest assured.
Tomorrow I find out from Target if I have a job. If I do, I hopefully start work VERY soon. If I don't............I have to find some sort of job yet. Tuesday I get to go to jury duty. I'm incredibly freaked out. I have to go downtown, alone, on a BUS, and I have no idea what to do when I find the county courthouse. Yeah, freaked out. Maybe someone will kidnap me before I get downtown and will put me out of my misery. Not that I'm reluctant to serve my citizen's duty on a jury, I'm just afraid of bus-people. And I highly doubt they're going to choose a 20 year old Christian female to serve on a jury. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think so.
So yeah, today was Mother's Day. I hope you all did something thoughtful and heartfelt. Otherwise, we can't talk anymore.
Current Desktop Image: Prez Z, 25 years ago. He seriously looks Hispanic. Cracks me up.
Biggest Desire at this Moment: DSL, or any other sort of broadband connection.

6 comments:

Stephenie said...

I only gave my mom a half-hearted hug. I suck.

Anonymous said...

You have a choice - a college education or broadband. You know your dad is too cheap for both.

Your dad's sister.

Anonymous said...

Bethany's aunt, you are AWESOME, that has to be the best quote I've heard in a while.

Bethany, I feel for you, having lived with dialup for a number of years I know how it goes. I go through a similar shock coming home to cable (I know its broadband) but that's because Dordt's connection kicks so much tail that most people really don't realize what a blessing it is.

For my mom, I got her a card, and I actually spent some time teasing her (rather than hiding away somewhere) perhaps I'll have to tease her more today, since its fun to do and she is more than capable of whupping me if need be.

Ciao.

tubapotamus said...

I think it is high time you put up with dial-up for another up date. You take the time to reply on other bogs...

Anonymous said...

burn in hell

Anonymous said...

Please note that Bethany's aunt did NOT make that previous comment.