Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows

I got some jobs! Hooray! If I have a successful phone call this afternoon, I will top out at three. As of now, I have two - caring for my old man Melvin, again, and working with a medical billing company. Working for Melvin is about the same as it was before he fell, except lots more not-sleeping, and working for the medical billing company, so far, means talking into a phone headset and typing my fingers off trying to keep up to date on insurance claims. Still not sure I know what's going on there, but they're friendly enough.

If I can talk to someone this afternoon, I'm looking at getting a job as a tutor/teacher for an agency/school in town, working 24 hours a week. I'm really hoping it works out, as I really connected with the woman who runs the agency and I would like to utilize my teaching skills while I am currently waiting to see where they bring me, ultimately.

Speaking of teaching, I got my primary teaching license yesterday. It is crisp and white, with a shiny gold seal on it. Very official.

Back to jobs, if I can get this third one, I'm looking at working solid 65 hour weeks. Sounds fairly innocuous from this side of things, but I have a feeling I will be getting exhausted. However, that is 65 hours a week with nights and weekends mostly free. Which is awesome.

Lastly (?) I'm moving in with some friends from high school in a month-ish, out of my parents' house. I'm excited about it a lot, mostly because we have decided that everything we eat in the month of September will be grilled. Any fave recipes would be greatly appreciated.

This post reads like I'm on crack. Or maybe the July monsoon heat/humidity is driving me slowly crazy. Or maybe I haven't had a cookie in a while.

7 comments:

Jeffy said...

first, your too kind beth. thank you
second, annoying cuz i never think i can do anything better than a person who's doing it on tv
finally I'm glad melvin made it back home and that you have so many jobs and wonderful parents

Reido Bandito said...

Good work contributing to society. I figure I do my own part by living with a Wyenberg.
What area of town are you moving to?

Andrea said...

If you give a Bethany a cookie...

tubapotamus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tubapotamus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tubapotamus said...

She's going to eat the whole box and spill crumbs on your couch.

Reido Bandito said...

have you ever seen a ringtail cat? I haven't