Thursday, July 12, 2007

Goin' to the chapel

I love my parents. Today they celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary, and just yesterday they were snuggling after they both got home from work and my mom turned to me and said, "Bethany, I love your dad so much." Priceless.

It's easy for me to take my family for granted. Comparatively, we are a bizarrely functional island in the midst of a vast dysfunctional sea. Many, many of my friends have parents who are separated, divorced, or not happy together, so to have been brought up in such a contented, trusting household is an amazing blessing. My parents have been a shining example to me and my sisters, as well as to our church family, their coworkers, and even the friends I bring home. And it's not because they coexist in a "Leave it to Beaver" type lifestyle. Both work 9-10 hour workdays, which meant we were in daycare a lot growing up. They come home tired, sometimes cranky. But they are so willing to give to each other, which makes them so compatible. Maybe I will never be in a relationship like that, but it's nice to know that, should the opportunity come, I've got a great example in my parents.

Here's to you, Mom and Dad. Happy 27th Anniversary, and many more, Lord willing!

In other news, I went to go see Transformers. It wasn't AMAZING, but it was pretty rockin'. And it's raining outside right now. Not men, but hallelujah anyways.

3 comments:

tubapotamus said...

Transformers WAS amazing you are just jealous that you don't know as much about cars as that hot girl. Your parents are part of the reason I love coming over to your house, I love to watch them enteract with eachother. They remind me alot of my grandparents, only not so old.

Stephenie said...

I feel like I should have done more to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary. A phone call probably would have even been nice. *wince*

Three cheers for excellent examples of servanthood.

Reido Bandito said...

It doesnt look like I will be making it back to AZ for a couple months, so you'll have to do enough drinking for the both of us. I'll do the same. Dont try to do the math. Trust me, it works out.