Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We roll tonight...

After a nice three-day weekend (thank you George Washington!) I went to bed and woke up this morning feeling almost sick with anxiety about being observed and evaluated by my Dordt supervisor in classes today. It didn't help that I had wasted the entire weekend with completely un-planning-related activities, so I felt highly unprepared. Waking up at five helped me be more prepared, but I was still nervous. My roommate prayed with me, which did help some, but my true inspiration came as I got into my car and turned over the ignition. Blasting through my much-abused speakers came the sage words of Angus Young, "FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, *FIRE* WEEEEE SALUUUUUUTE YOUUUUUUU!" I actually laughed out loud for joy, it was like they were singing to me. The wonderful thing about common grace is that sometimes it manifests itself as a beautiful sunrise, or an uncommonly long green light. And sometimes it manifests itself as AC/DC. Am I being heretical? I don't think so, but call me out if needs be. My evaluation went really well, by the way. I was so thankful. :)

I'm excited to meet these dwarf hampsters that I understand are now living in my apartment. But not as excited as I am about my roommate here getting a dog! Woo! I love dogs a lot. As long as they weigh more than 35 pounds and don't have smooshed up faces. And aren't annoying. Which apparently this dog is not, since he's a chocolate lab.

On the way home from school I decided that "Thunderstruck" is on my top five songs I need to hear performed live someday list. I'm going to have to decide what the other four songs on that list are, now. Ideas?

I'll be back on campus in two weeks!!!!

7 comments:

Sarah Alice said...

1. Mysterious Ways by U2

Ummm...that's it.

And you should be excited about Kenny B. and BJ. They are excited to meet you as well.

Andrea said...

Mmmm...I get to see you in two weeks.

It's not heretical. We're talking common grace, not special grace. Even AC/DC can be included in that. Every square inch...

tubapotamus said...

I have heard Mysterious Ways performed live. I win.

tubapotamus said...

I have heard Mysterious Ways performed live. I win.

Reener said...

John's getting crazy with the publish button.

I loves that song.

r.c.f. said...

just stopping by to say haak-a-doodle-doo..

Jeffy said...

Long Black Veil - Johnny Cash

Long Black Veil - Mike Ness

Long Black Veil - Dave Matthews

Long Black Veil - Bruce Springsteen and Bob Seeger and...

Sexy and 17 - stray cats