Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It gets so hard to walk away

Ok, yes, the rumors are true. As of about the middle of last week, I have a boyfriend down here. For those of you who didn't hear the rumors, the same is true, but it's just a complete surprise. His name is Jonny, he's tall, smart, funny, athletic, and a goof. He also just found out that he has about a 50% chance of requiring brain surgery in the next few weeks. Awesome. So if you would pray for him, that would be excellent.

Ahh, 6:30 AM, an hour before I need to be at school. Student teaching has reawakened the morning person in me. I like waking up at 5:45, getting ready while drinking my peppermint green tea, listening to Bright Eyes, then dashing out to my car where I shiver as it very slowly defrosts. MOST satisfactory. Then I annoy my kids in homeroom by being chipper and cheery while they stagger in looking like extras from 28 Days.

My history unit has gone well, I give a test today which will tell me if it actually went well or if the contented understanding I read in students eyes was really a glazed stupor. Yesterday, however, I did have the strange experience of feeling that I was being remarkably boring, and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Bad times. I felt badly for my kids.

I'm really sorry I can't go to L'Abri. I had such a great time with it last year, but I'm starting up three new units in my science classes in the next week which will be much more complex than my one history unit... I know, you don't want my excuses. You guys will enjoy yourselves without me. But I'll miss being there. Boo. I'll also continue to miss drinking with all y'all, and valentine's day crazies with a few of you, and being continually inundated with interesting new applications of my last name...

Time to blowdry my hair! Wheeeeeeee! Grace and peace.

9 comments:

Jen said...

brain surgery? wow i will be prayin for your boy. (haha wow i can't believe you have a bf) It sounds like student teaching is going well, can't believe your teaching history and then biology next, smarty pants! miss u girl, looks like you'll have a fabulous valentines (wink wink)

Sarah Alice said...

Mmmmm...invalid bfs. JK. I will be sure to spread the joyous news far and wide! In fact, I already have.

Miss You.

BEEEEeeeeeuuuuuuwwwwWWWWUUUEEEwwww.....

~Sleg-hammer

Sarah Alice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quackbert said...

Does he really spell his name "Jonny" or is the missing "h" a type-o? This is very important, as it will help me pre-decide if I like him.

honeyhair said...

I'm sort of afraid to answer your question, because I can guess which one you hate, but it is Jonny with no 'h'. His name is Jonathan. And I'm eating m&ms. yum.

Andrea said...

I want a picture.

They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but I'm an English major and I can do whatever the hell I want. (Whoa, I just swore).

Andrea said...

Actually, I am getting love from 6th grade boys. Yeah, I'm teaching 6th grade. Lots of adorable kids who can turn around and be pains in the neck. Ahh, adolescence.

Stephenie said...

Does he scratch your head when you take out your braids?

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, halterneck wedding dresses Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Bridal Dresses