Monday, February 06, 2006

In an octopus's garden...

The best things ever about the past week-ish:
- Sarah has agreed to let me use her car, so I don't have to bike across town on icy roads with flesh-freezing winds beating me in the face. Oh Sarah, you sweetie poophead!
- Matt Kunnari has an album of The Streets. I like The Streets.
- I got an overtones solo for the Concert Choir tour. I am so hot.
- Despite my best efforts, I actually have some talent in the realm of pool, as in billiards, but I feel dumb calling it billiards.
- Elliot De Wit and pinatas.
- In lab this past Wednesday, I loved teaching. And the Phylum Cnidaria.
- I've started loving Coldplay.
- Andrew some-Dutch-last-name played a bass guitar routine done by the bassist from Metallica, and while my knowledge of Metallica is still rudimentary, the routine was pretty awesome. The judging for the talent show was not one of the best things ever about the past week-ish.
- A homeless guy assured me that I would be a great teacher some day as I poured him a glass of milk.
- Sarah called Katy and I "poopheads" for making up crap about Boston. It's still funny.
- I made bread by hand, from scratch, for the first time, and reaffirmed my desire to be domestic someday. Screw the Women's Lib Movement. I want to be perpetually barefoot and pregnant.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Bethany I never read your blogs on here, pretty funny and interesting. I didn't know you were student teaching part of the time, do you have a class to yourself? Well I love you dear, you can leave me a response if you want either on xanga or facebook, i don't really have a blog on here. It would be a bad idea, more procrastination it would mean. love ya dear

Anonymous said...

Bethany Anne,

Rozenboom. And you owe me a bowl of San Fran's famous clam chowder.

Luv,
Sarah

Quackbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quackbert said...

Any time you feel the need to live out your innate desires/skills, there are some guys next door who would be happy to sample it.

tubapotamus said...

I was pretty sure you always loved Coldplay... And you barefoot and pregnant might interfere with all th eother chores a domestic housewife would have, such as tending to the garden, mowing the lawn, washing the cars, and balencing the checkbook.

Anonymous said...

Bethany, you Bitch!

Oh well. I got Prez Zylstra AND Uncle Ron! Take that Mr. LePage.

David said...

Oh good, now that I know you have a solo I can begin to build up an anticipation so high in expectation that it can only end in dissappointment...

Haha, see you in exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow! :)

Jihad Hernandez said...

My dearest hope is that you achieve your wish to be perp bf and preggo. And now my dog is putting his front paws on my feet, which is his way of telling me not to stop scratching his belly with my toes. And soon you will see atticus. And soon I will see your overtones solo.

Andrea said...

You are the best overtoner in our choir. But then again, you're a woman in the sciences. Hooray for women's lib until you actually feel the need to be perpetually barefoot and pregnant.