Friday, October 28, 2005

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

Hooray, I'm updating! I'm taking advantage of my illusory break that is Friday afternoon to prattle on about unimportant things in my life since, hey, I don't have a 15 page paper due until Tuesday!
Yesterday I stood with Marcel, Craig, and the Wienbergs in front of the Campus Center and gave out free hugs. People around here don't go for hugs, it seems, because I only gave out 3. But I found out that, despite the hugs being free, they made $13 off of hug-tificates. I'm quitting school and becoming a professional hugger.
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving at 5:30 with my plant morphology prof and two classmates to drive to central Iowa to check out Woodman's Hollow. We're going to spend all day taking notes, drawing pictures, and collecting samples of mosses and liverworts. Dig it. I'm so sleeping in the car. If anyone wants a moss sample, let me know and I'll hook you up.
I have to get back to making agar plates in a bit. Sometimes I forget I'm a biology major, and then when I remember I laugh a lot because I think I'm an embarrassment to the department. Oh well.
Current Desktop Image: a bunny with a pancake on its head
Biggest desire at this moment: security. Not just a sense of it, but the real thing. It is good.

4 comments:

Jihad Hernandez said...

Enjoy the exploration of the Iowa, my dear Bethie friend. Peanut butter sounds really good right now.

Anonymous said...

w00t for roadtrips, even if they are for a class. I hope you have a blast exploring the wilderness which is Iowa. Remember to tell everyone about all the HILLS you see. ;) Your house is only as secure as the most insane poodle you set to guard it.

David said...

I'd like a moss sample. You can mail it to me. I'd also like a hug...but I don't remember if that one Sweedish scientist ever discovered how to send hugs in small white envelpoes.

AC said...

Free Hugs Rule. I wish I was in SC!!!