Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm hot 'cause I'm fly....

When I arrived back in KC last week, it was definitely still warmer than IA, but not by much. This week has been different. It started out soggy, but has dried out the last couple days, and today spring just absolutely exploded in Kansas City. I swear, the grass turned green overnight, trees are budding/blooming, it's still 50 degrees at 7 PM. I'm loving it most definitely. Arizona is a great place to grow up, but there really is nothing like watching the seasons change, which doesn't happen in Tucson.

Spring also means college basketball is in full swing. March Madness has officially started, and it is officially awesome. I'm running a little less than 75% accurate on my bracket, but some of my teams I have going all the way are in trouble right now. Oh well.
It's sort of sad, but I mostly have to watch these games by myself. My roommate could care less, and there's another guy in the complex who would watch them with me, except he also wants a date, so I'm avoiding him.

Speaking of dates, I have never been so sought after in my life, and it's unnerving... This guy who's a sort-of neighbor and friend of my roommate asked me out to a movie, which I turned down, and then on Sunday the same guy from church (see...four posts ago?) asked me out again. The claim is that, if you don't find someone in college, it's harder to find someone after, but I've definitely had more guys interested in me off campus than I ever did on it. WEIRD.

Once, I watched a movie called "The Wild Wild World of Batwoman." It was TER-rible, but delightful at the same time. I'm going to spend this weekend dancing nonstop in a frivolous, 1960s fashion.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Bethie you're just too hott to handle

Stephenie said...

Hahahahaha, "Lawn bowling set"
I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH

Yes, you may steal the phrase. I grant permission.

Quackbert said...

I wish I were a girl so that I could dance in said fashion.

Andrea said...

Are you cheating on me, biatch?

Jeffy said...

dear beth,
you obviously didn't click on the stray cats link, b/c then you would have been dancing and you would not have been complaining about not dancing. Haak so hot right now Haak.
Love, Jeff